One minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » May 29th, 2020, 9:02 am

Welcome to LV!

You have a lovely voice and it's nice an clear.

There are some changes needed.
The recording needs to be in mono and not stereo.

The volume is 72.1dB. We aim for 89dB with an allowance of 86-92dB.

If you need help making the changes please let us know what software you are using.

Please upload the modified file and post another link to this same thread for a double check.

Essssssss19

Post by Essssssss19 » June 12th, 2020, 6:41 am

briney87

Essssssss19

Post by Essssssss19 » June 12th, 2020, 6:53 am

I use Audacity. My system is Windows and well i record using headset. This is my one minute recording after having changed to mono and adjusted the volume.

https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/untitled.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/linny/untitled.mp3
briney87

Essssssss19

Post by Essssssss19 » June 12th, 2020, 6:57 am

briney87

Essssssss19

Post by Essssssss19 » June 12th, 2020, 7:00 am

linny wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 9:02 am
Welcome to LV!

You have a lovely voice and it's nice an clear.

There are some changes needed.
The recording needs to be in mono and not stereo.

The volume is 72.1dB. We aim for 89dB with an allowance of 86-92dB.

If you need help making the changes please let us know what software you are using.

Please upload the modified file and post another link to this same thread for a double check.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/untitled.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/untitled.mp3
briney87

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » June 12th, 2020, 7:04 am

Hello!

When you name a file the same thing then the prior file gets renamed. That means I could only listen the the last test file you uploaded.

For that one the volume is right at the maximum at 92dB.

Unfortunately, the recording is still in stereo and we need mono. Also, the bit rate should be 128 kbps and constant. This recording also needs noise cleaning.

Please let us know what software you are using.

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » June 12th, 2020, 7:10 am

I moved your other posts to this thread in order to keep the forum tidy.

Essssssss19

Post by Essssssss19 » June 14th, 2020, 12:21 pm

linny wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 7:10 am
I moved your other posts to this thread in order to keep the forum tidy.
sorry about that, the untidiness, i thought of posting to all parts because i was not too sure but thank you for that. I use Audacity and the microphone on my headset. Thank you for the correction so far. Looking forward to your reply.
briney87

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » June 15th, 2020, 7:30 am

Thank you for telling me that you use Audacity. I can assist you more now. :D

First take a look at your audio. Can you see two panels of waves? If not, adjust the Audacity screen. You should see two almost identical panels one above the other. This shows you that you have a stereo recording. We need mono. Go to Tracks>Mix> Mix stereo to mono. Now there should only be one panel of waves.

Let’s do a little bit of noise cleaning. Do you see how your line during the "silent" areas is "fuzzy"? This is a visual indicator there is too much background noise. In the future be sure that you turn off everything you can hear before you start recording. Sit quietly in your recording area and just listen. If you can hear it, so can the microphone.
For this recording try some noise cleaning. Noise cleaning and amplifying are the two most common edits we do.
First highlight some of your "silence", say 0:21-0:23.
Effect>Noise Reduction>Get Noise Profile
Select your entire recording
Effect>Noise Reduction>Play around with the noise settings (using the "preview" button until you are satisfied). I used 20, 6.00, 6. Toggle to reduce noise>OK.
See how the line in your silence areas became a very fine line? That's what you are looking for.

Finally, some of your export settings are not on target. The good news is with Audacity when you get them set, the program remembers them for future exports.
File>Export audio>(wherever you want to save it is fine).
Bit rate should be 'Constant'
Quality 128kbps
Save

Essssssss19

Post by Essssssss19 » July 1st, 2020, 10:48 am

linny wrote:
June 15th, 2020, 7:30 am
Thank you for telling me that you use Audacity. I can assist you more now. :D

First take a look at your audio. Can you see two panels of waves? If not, adjust the Audacity screen. You should see two almost identical panels one above the other. This shows you that you have a stereo recording. We need mono. Go to Tracks>Mix> Mix stereo to mono. Now there should only be one panel of waves.

Let’s do a little bit of noise cleaning. Do you see how your line during the "silent" areas is "fuzzy"? This is a visual indicator there is too much background noise. In the future be sure that you turn off everything you can hear before you start recording. Sit quietly in your recording area and just listen. If you can hear it, so can the microphone.
For this recording try some noise cleaning. Noise cleaning and amplifying are the two most common edits we do.
First highlight some of your "silence", say 0:21-0:23.
Effect>Noise Reduction>Get Noise Profile
Select your entire recording
Effect>Noise Reduction>Play around with the noise settings (using the "preview" button until you are satisfied). I used 20, 6.00, 6. Toggle to reduce noise>OK.
See how the line in your silence areas became a very fine line? That's what you are looking for.

Finally, some of your export settings are not on target. The good news is with Audacity when you get them set, the program remembers them for future exports.
File>Export audio>(wherever you want to save it is fine).
Bit rate should be 'Constant'
Quality 128kbps
Save

Hello, thank you very much. Kindly tell me if it is okay.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/My_Audio1_(1).mp3
briney87

Essssssss19

Post by Essssssss19 » July 1st, 2020, 10:50 am

briney87

RayanneR

Post by RayanneR » July 1st, 2020, 10:58 am

I had to turn up the volume a bit to hear, and the pacing seemed just a bit off at that one point where you jumped off your name right into the next sentence, it's clear that you've got the system down. I couldn't figure out where to see the metadata of the video either in the uploaded or by downloading, but I assume you know what you're doing with that.
The truth will set you free.

Essssssss19

Post by Essssssss19 » July 2nd, 2020, 8:10 am

briney87