1-min test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
johnchollar

Post by johnchollar » May 22nd, 2020, 8:24 am

Posting my 1-min test for comment / feedback. Thanks = John
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/Librivox_1_min_John_Hollar.mp3

johnchollar

Post by johnchollar » May 22nd, 2020, 8:27 am

PS. I'm using Audacity for Mac OS Catalina and a Fifine microphone with a professional pop filter. Sennheiser headset.

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » May 22nd, 2020, 10:10 am

Hi John,

I've deleted your other test thread to avoid duplication. Your test has the correct technical settings. However, I wonder where you recorded this. It sounds like it was in a large space or one with a high ceiling resulting in some echo and that a group of people are talking in the background. Sort of sounds like you are in a restaurant. You will need to try and find a place to record that is quieter and preferably a little smaller area if possible. It is hard to remove conversation from the background after the fact and the echo caused by the sound bouncing off high ceiling or large spaces is also difficult to fix. Please try another test, taking the above into consideration. Just post the link to this same thread to keep everything together.
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

johnchollar

Post by johnchollar » May 22nd, 2020, 10:12 am

Hi Jo. Thanks for this. Yes, I'm recording in my office which has a high ceiling, and there was a conversation going on in the next room. I can solve for the conversation / background noise very easily. Let me see what I can do to resolve the echo. We're setting up a voiceover / recording environment for other uses now and it's good to know how much echo you heard. Thanks again-- will repost soon.