1 Min. Test - ZacRessler

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
ZacRessler

Post by ZacRessler » April 21st, 2020, 7:07 am

This recording was done with Audacity on a Windows Surface laptop. the mic is the one built-in on my computer.

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo » April 21st, 2020, 2:16 pm

Hi Zac,

In future, please don't forget to post the link to your uploaded file. I've found it on the server

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_zacressler.mp3

When you export your files, please be sure that the mp3 settings at the bottom of the window are set to the following Format Options: Bit Rate Mode - Constant; Quality 128 kbps; Channel Mode - Force export to mono. Don't add .mp3 to the filename. If you correctly export to mp3, the software will do that for you. This test file was saved as ~95kbps variable bit rate.

Not bad for a built in mic! I can't tell if you have already applied noise reduction or not. There does seem to be a little more low frequency noise behind the speech than in the rest of the recording. However, other than the bit rate change, this passes our technical requirements. Please reexport with the above changes so we can give you the OK. Just post the link to the new version in this same thread to keep everything together.
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman