1 minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
LightNDark

Post by LightNDark » April 18th, 2020, 10:29 am

Hello All,

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_charlienewsome.mp3

Please let me know what I need to work on.
This was recorded on a windows PC using Audacity and a HyperX Quadcast Microphone and a dog to keep my feet warm.
Thank you

Charlie Newsome

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kathrinee » April 18th, 2020, 1:38 pm

Welcome to LibriVox, Charlie, and thank you for the text!

You sound good! All the technical specs are correct. The volume is ok where it is now, but please don't let it get much lower. If you'd like to check your own volume, I recommend the Checker https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker

I recommend to pass the recording through the a light Noise reduction. In audacity it is really easy: Select a few seconds of background noise only (no speech) and click Effect | Noise Reduction | Get Profile. Then select the whole recording (Ctrl+A), click Effect | Noise Reduction again, and use settings:

Noise Reduction: 10 dB
Sensitivity: 6
Frequency smoothing (bands) 6

and click OK.

I am happy to mark your test PL OK because you are well within range! If you'd like to test out the noise reduction on your one minute test and post it again in this thread, we'd be happy to listen again. Otherwise, you can test it by yourself and then head over to the Readers Wanted forums to claim a section or two of something that looks interesting. Have fun!
Kathrine

LightNDark

Post by LightNDark » April 18th, 2020, 2:56 pm

kathrinee
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by kathrinee » April 18th, 2020, 5:37 pm

Beautiful! Go forth and record! :D
Kathrine