One-minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
LadyRaelyn

Post by LadyRaelyn » April 15th, 2020, 5:35 pm

Thanks for checking my test! Here is the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_ladyraelyn.mp3

I am using a Blue Yeti Pro microphone (USB) and Audacity is the software, on a Windows 10 machine. I have not done any editing/processing to this file.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » April 15th, 2020, 5:41 pm

Welcome!

It sounds really good!

If it were a "real" recording, I'd probably cut out the big breath at the beginning. Breathing is natural, of course, and most of us leave our breath sounds in a recording. But that one is pretty loud. :lol: And being at the very beginning, the timing won't be hurt by just clipping it out.

Tech settings are all good; volume is great!

You could maybe do a little noise reduction, but there isn't really much there to clean up. It seems to be mostly in the lower tones which most people won't hear unless they're on really good speakers. You could run the reduction at about 8-12 dB, and that's about all you'll need.

Holler if you have any questions, and feel free to post in this thread if you want any second opinions on noise removal or anything else. But I'm going to mark this off as OK. You're free to record. Have fun!
Mystery/PulpFic: Dope, by Sax Rohmer
The one that started them all: Self-Help, by Samuel Smiles
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David
Boring works 30-70 minutes long: Insomnia Collection 5
Short essays: Elia, and The Last Essays of Elia

LadyRaelyn

Post by LadyRaelyn » April 16th, 2020, 7:01 am

Thanks!