1-min Test Please Check ^^ [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
mysticXrune

Post by mysticXrune » April 12th, 2020, 7:18 pm

Hello! I'm mysticXrune. This is my 1 min test. I am using audacity, and my operating system is a Mac. My microphone (my most fav purchase of 2020 ❤️) is a usb plug-in. I am fairly new to this, so feedback would be greatly appreciated 👍🏾

Link to audio ---> https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_mysticxrune.mp3

schrm

Post by schrm » April 14th, 2020, 1:21 am

mysticXrune wrote:
April 12th, 2020, 7:18 pm
Hello! I'm mysticXrune. This is my 1 min test. I am using audacity, and my operating system is a Mac. My microphone (my most fav purchase of 2020 ❤️) is a usb plug-in. I am fairly new to this, so feedback would be greatly appreciated 👍🏾

Link to audio ---> https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_mysticxrune.mp3
hi mysticXrune,

what a wonderful recording: so clear and easy to understand - even for a austrian :-)

your testfile has just one pl note: checker metered some background noise!

in audacity, that is done with a few mouseclicks:
what i heard, when listening to your file, is also the background noise. according to checker, your file has 43db of background noise. that isn't much, but i could clearly hear it.
in audacity, please:
1. copy and paste your last second of the recording until you reach approximately 5 seconds of ending silence. select the 5 seconds silence at the end of the file
2. in the menue bar, choose effects > choose noise reduction > choose get noise profile
3. select the whole track (eg with clicking into the little window at the left of the audio track, showing some stats and data / or with ctrl+a / manual selection)
4. in the menue bar, choose effects > choose "repeat noise reduction" (or open it again and hit ok, this time)

since the noisereduction has an influence on the metered volume of the file, please doublecheck: the average volume should be from 86db to 92db.
(i tried it with your file, and - this time - it should be within the accepted range! but next time, with another recording, it may be too low in volume)

after doing so, please export to mp3, upload it and post here in this thread the link.
i'm sure, you will get the pl ok, then! :D

greetings from tyrol!
cheers,

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!

en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische

mysticXrune

Post by mysticXrune » April 19th, 2020, 12:53 pm

Hi schrm! I went back and edited the file using the noise reduction function as you a suggested. Hopefully, it helped with the background noise!

Link to audio -----> https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_mysticxrune.mp3

schrm

Post by schrm » April 19th, 2020, 1:15 pm

mysticXrune wrote:
April 19th, 2020, 12:53 pm
Hi schrm! I went back and edited the file using the noise reduction function as you a suggested. Hopefully, it helped with the background noise!

Link to audio -----> https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_mysticxrune.mp3
good evening mysticXrune,

your 1 minute test is checker and pl ok!

thank you for your wish to contribute!
:D :clap:

did you have a look around already, and found some group projects, which sections you are interested into?
we recommend shorter sections for the beginning. and: something you are interested into. but you are free to choose!

cheers,

/reader/12275
cc welcome! my skills improve from pl notes that cite when my english pronunciation is way off, or when words are missing.
thx!

en: lay down your arms, essays on art by goethe

de: sammlung prosa, rousseau, hoffmann: sommerfrische