Binyamin's test recording [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
binyamin

Post by binyamin » March 16th, 2020, 7:47 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_binyamin.mp3

- Audacity
- Windows 10
- Yeti Nano (USB) (w/ pop filter)

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 16th, 2020, 8:18 pm

Hi, Binyamin!

All the technical specs look great, and the volume does pass the parameters. You're all set to go record sections. :)

Just a couple recommendations for future recording:

- I would bump your recording volume up a notch, so that your files come out more like 89-90 decibels instead of the minimal 86.

- I hear no plosives or noise problems, but remember that the human ear can't process information as fast as we can read it, so, it's best to train ourselves to speak slower than usual while recording. :) Probably 99% of us needed to do that. 8-) The first several chapters I recorded, I could tell were too fast when I played them to myself. If you find that happening, you don't have to re-record a chapter. You can use the "Change Tempo" feature in Audacity to slow it down without changing the pitch. Pretty cool feature! After a while, if you play your files back to yourself for an evaluation, you settle into a pace that's comfortable and easy for a listener to understand without a script in hand.

Have fun! See you at the Myths and Legends Around the World project. :)
~Lynette in Colorado, USA :shock: Bear with me! Mold mitigation/rebuild happening here - NOISY AND DISRUPTIVE LIKE YOU CAN'T BELIEVE.
My Sections
Readers needed:
DR - Count of Monte Cristo