1 minute test - new user - *please and thank you* [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
vvocelli

Post by vvocelli » March 10th, 2020, 6:20 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_vvocelli.mp3

Audacity/MAC/USB

I noticed in the first few seconds it goes from quieter to much louder, though I didn't do anything while recording the test.

Thank you!
Valentina :D

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 14th, 2020, 10:10 am

Hello Valentina, and a warm welcome to our forum. :)

You test passed all criteria, the technical settings are LV standard and your voice and narrative is lovely to listen to :9: Hopefully I'll hear you in plenty of projects soon.

Regarding the quieter beginning, this is indeed a puzzle. :hmm: I think I already heard that some microphones sort of do this after a silence, so this could potentially happen inside your recording as well, not just in the beginning. I can't recall what the solution was. But I think the microphone was set to "turn off when silent" or something.

To be on the safe side, please post this test in the help forum, there are plenty more tech-savvy people than me and who are always very helpful. It may be as easy as a simple toggle on your microphone.

But: this test is officially OK. You can start recording for real, but I would try to find the solution to this problem. To work around this in the beginning you can of course first speak half a minute of "nonsense" until you see that your volume is louder again and then only start with the text proper. But on the long run it would be best to find a permanent solution. If you have, I would be happy to hear it, so maybe you could post the helpful answer back in this thread. :) Then when I encounter it in another test, I am better informed myself :lol:

Have fun !

Sonia

vvocelli

Post by vvocelli » March 16th, 2020, 5:48 am

Hi Sonia,

Thanks so much for the warm wishes, helpful advice and your time! I've taken your advice and posted it for help. I will report back. Thanks again!

Valentina