One Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
iamjessebaxter

Post by iamjessebaxter » March 8th, 2020, 4:08 pm

Hey there,

This is Jesse Baxter (iamjessebaxter) and here is my One-Minute Test. I used a program called Voice Recorder on a Mac. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks! https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_iamjessebaxter.mp3

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » March 8th, 2020, 4:45 pm

Hello Jesse,

Thanks for the test. It sounds good, and needs just a little bit of tweaking to pass.

First off, it's a touch softer than what LibriVox needs. Checker (download and install it!) measures the "Volume" at 82.3 dB, and we need 89 dB (actually anywhere between 87 and 91). You can fix that by amplifying the entire track by 7 (6.7, to be more exact) dB. Select all (Ctrl+A), then Effect -> Amplify..., then enter 7, then OK.

Second, when exporting as MP3, make sure to choose "Constant" bitrate of 128 kbps "quality". Yours is variable, and Checker checks that too.

Do that, then upload the file again (the older one will automatically be renamed) and post a reply here so that somebody checks the file again. :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

iamjessebaxter

Post by iamjessebaxter » March 8th, 2020, 11:24 pm

Thank you for the notes! I downloaded the Checker and Audacity to help with the editing! It helped a lot! Here's the link to my new test! https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_iamjessebaxter.mp3

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » March 9th, 2020, 5:35 am

You got it, Jesse!

The test is now PL OK, and you are ready for LibriVox! :thumbs:

An admin will stop by to mark this thread with an OK, and you can already visit our "Readers Wanted" forums, find a group project or two, and sign up.

Happy recording! :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please