One-minute Test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
ThereWolf

Post by ThereWolf » March 6th, 2020, 4:24 pm

Hello, here is the link to my one-minute test file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_therewolf.mp3

Thanks,
Dave

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 10th, 2020, 5:58 am

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum :)

thanks for starting with a one-minute-test. Your voice is quite nice to listen to and you sound like you're comfortable with recording. Already a good starting base for audiobook narration ;)

The technical settings are LV standard, nothing to change there. However two things need tweaking still:

1) the volume is too low, barely 80 dB. We need between 86 and 92, best as close to the average 89 as possible. So you need to amplify this file (no need to re-record) with 8 dB at least.

2) the background noise was quite pronounced and of course now you amplified that with 8 dB as well :? So a round or two of noisecleaning would be handy now, to make the sound cleaner.

Do you use Audacity ? If so I can give your step by steps if you need them.

Please reupload the file and post the link again here in this thread, then I get notified and can have a second listen.

Thank you and good luck

Sonia

ThereWolf

Post by ThereWolf » March 10th, 2020, 11:33 am

I appreciate the feedback, Kitty.

Sorry about the volume - my voice carries quite a bit when I speak up and I didn't want to disturb anyone else in the building, so I was a bit muted. I will try to find a better location and re-record when I'm able. I did use audacity, but hadn't tweaked the audio at all.

Thanks,
Dave

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 10th, 2020, 11:46 am

ThereWolf wrote:
March 10th, 2020, 11:33 am
Sorry about the volume - my voice carries quite a bit when I speak up and I didn't want to disturb anyone else in the building, so I was a bit muted. I will try to find a better location and re-record when I'm able. I did use audacity, but hadn't tweaked the audio at all.
but you don't have to re-record, simply post-process with audacity :) it's very easy to Amplify and Noise-clean. Both can be found under "Edit" in the upper tool bar. Let me know if you need a step-by-step.

Always good to learn the basic functions of the program. That's one of the reasons for the test too. Knowing how to edit will save you so much time later on in the claimed sections. :)

Sonia

ThereWolf

Post by ThereWolf » March 10th, 2020, 1:52 pm

Ok, sounds good Sonia (swapped your name and username the last time, my mistake). I'll get to that ASAP.