1 Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
libby83

Post by libby83 » March 5th, 2020, 5:17 pm

Hi everyone, here is my one-minute test. I'd be happy for any feedback you can give me! I'm using a blue snowball mic with a generic pop filter and Audacity software on a MacBook Air. I ran the file through the checker app and needed to amplify the volume through Audacity, even though my input volume was maxed, so I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing or if it's normal to need to adjust volume after recording. Thanks in advance for any comments or advice :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_libby83.mp3

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » March 10th, 2020, 5:47 am

Hi Libby, welcome to LV and thanks for the test. Since you already checked it with Checker :thumbs: it won't come as a surprise to you that you get your official OK straight away. I loved the liveliness in your voice, you have a good reading pace. So glad to have you join any of our projects soon. :9:

As for volume, most of us need to amplify or decrease the volume. That's why you can always check with Checker whether you are inside our desired limits. There is also a handy plug-in for Audacity, which assesses your volume and tells you how much you need to amplify, if you wish to try that:
Replay Gain plugin for Audacity: - http://forum.audacityteam.org/download/file.php?id=4668

1. Save the file to your computer - your desktop or somewhere where you can easily find it.
2. Now browse to the folder in which Audacity is installed. It's probably in C:\Program Files\Audacity) and then open the Plug-Ins folder.
3. Drag the file you saved into the Plug-Ins folder.
4. When next you start up Audacity, you will be able to select the whole recording (Ctrl+A on Windows), then go to Analyze | ReplayGain, and it'll tell you how much to amplify your file to get to about 89 dB.
Well, I won't keep you any longer, have fun with your first claimed section :)

Sonia