!!! 1 Minute Test by Gdthornton38 !!! [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Gdthornton38

Post by Gdthornton38 » March 4th, 2020, 1:50 pm

Hi,

My name is Greg and I just uploaded the 1 minute test. Please feel free to pride feedback asap. I'm looking to read everything I am able to!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_Gdthornton38.mp3

I'm using a Snowball microphone and Audacity on my MacBook Pro.

Kindly,
Greg
Last edited by Gdthornton38 on March 4th, 2020, 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gdthornton38

Post by Gdthornton38 » March 4th, 2020, 7:01 pm

How long does it usually take for someone to review the initial post?

Kindly,
Greg

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 4th, 2020, 8:26 pm

Hi, Greg,

There are a few changes to make:

Specs need to have bit rate of 128kbps, and the recording needs to be Constant bit rate. This page has details about how to change the various settings on Audacity: Audacity 1-2-3 (both of yours that need changing are done from the mp3 export window, and once they're changed, they stay that way unless you change them yourself later)

Volume needs to be about 12 decibels higher, ideally hitting 89 or 90 (the usable range is 86-92, this test file is coming in at 77.6) - Try sliding the recording volume up a few points and seeing what you get.

There is a ton of information to sort through when you first start at LibriVox - this page has useful information for ways we can check our files before we submit them: Check Technical Specifications

Happy to have you on board! Post a reply with a file made with those changes, and we'll get you going :)
~Lynette in Colorado, USA :shock: Bear with me! Mold mitigation/rebuild happening here - NOISY AND DISRUPTIVE LIKE YOU CAN'T BELIEVE.
My Sections
Readers needed:
DR - Count of Monte Cristo

Gdthornton38

Post by Gdthornton38 » March 6th, 2020, 3:30 pm

I really appreciate your guidance. How's this sample?

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_Gdthornton38.mp3

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 6th, 2020, 3:46 pm

That's great :) You're ready to go!
~Lynette in Colorado, USA :shock: Bear with me! Mold mitigation/rebuild happening here - NOISY AND DISRUPTIVE LIKE YOU CAN'T BELIEVE.
My Sections
Readers needed:

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 6th, 2020, 3:47 pm

oh, hey, if you can edit your initial post and put an OK at the end of the subject line, others will know that you don't still need help.
My Sections
Readers needed:

Gdthornton38

Post by Gdthornton38 » March 14th, 2020, 4:12 pm

sorry for the long period of no reply... ok fantastic!