1 Minute Test by Swaraelia [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Swaraelia

Post by Swaraelia » February 29th, 2020, 1:23 pm

linny wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 1:08 pm
At the bottom of your Audacity screen do you see a drop down with the heading "Project Rate (Hz)"? If so, you can change to 44100 right there.

Also, double check your export settings. The good news is with Audacity when you get them set, the program remembers them for future exports.
File>Export audio>(wherever you want to save it is fine).
Bit rate should be 'Constant'
Quality 128kbps
Save
I have done both of those things! I don’t know what to do?!
-Justin J. Liu
Qualified producer of carbon dioxide since the late 2000s

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » February 29th, 2020, 1:39 pm

I suggest posting in the help area. viewforum.php?f=23 There is a thread for help specifically for Audacity. Your issues will get much more viability there.

It's really strange that the corrections you are making haven't worked. In your help posting you may want to include a link to this thread.

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » February 29th, 2020, 7:37 pm

Yikes! Justin, don't give up. I hope someone in the help section has experienced input with this issue.

One idea, which never occurs to me right off - have you tried rebooting the computer and reopening Audacity to see if it will let you get the 44,100 set to take?
~Lynette in Colorado, USA :shock: Bear with me! Mold mitigation/rebuild happening here - NOISY AND DISRUPTIVE LIKE YOU CAN'T BELIEVE.
My Sections
Readers needed:
DR - Count of Monte Cristo

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » February 29th, 2020, 7:43 pm

The strangest thing is that on my recording this afternoon, my Audacity popped the setting to 48000 on its own, and I didn't know it until Checker failed the file. (I've made and uploaded several passed files between PL'ing your test file and now, so it wasn't something leftover from that check.) This is something that hasn't happened since I started recording and PL'ing in earnest 5 months ago.

When I looked closer at my Audacity recording, it showed the 44,100 on the side tab of the track, but in the lower left corner of the program, it showed 48000. Changing that back to 44100 with the dropdown list fixed it, and it exported correctly afterward.

Gremlins are attacking this week, I guess!

This is a really unusual occurrence, so don't let it discourage you. We will get yours figured out one way or another!
~Lynette in Colorado, USA :shock: Bear with me! Mold mitigation/rebuild happening here - NOISY AND DISRUPTIVE LIKE YOU CAN'T BELIEVE.
My Sections
Readers needed:

Swaraelia

Post by Swaraelia » February 29th, 2020, 8:17 pm

LCaulkins wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 7:43 pm
The strangest thing is that on my recording this afternoon, my Audacity popped the setting to 48000 on its own, and I didn't know it until Checker failed the file. (I've made and uploaded several passed files between PL'ing your test file and now, so it wasn't something leftover from that check.) This is something that hasn't happened since I started recording and PL'ing in earnest 5 months ago.

When I looked closer at my Audacity recording, it showed the 44,100 on the side tab of the track, but in the lower left corner of the program, it showed 48000. Changing that back to 44100 with the dropdown list fixed it, and it exported correctly afterward.

Gremlins are attacking this week, I guess!

This is a really unusual occurrence, so don't let it discourage you. We will get yours figured out one way or another!
Mon Dieu?! I did the exact same thing...and it still is 48000? Gremlins truly have come for me
:(
-Justin J. Liu

Swaraelia

Post by Swaraelia » February 29th, 2020, 9:29 pm

LCaulkins wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 7:37 pm
Yikes! Justin, don't give up. I hope someone in the help section has experienced input with this issue.

One idea, which never occurs to me right off - have you tried rebooting the computer and reopening Audacity to see if it will let you get the 44,100 set to take?
I shall try :(
-Justin J. Liu

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » March 1st, 2020, 6:54 am

LCaulkins wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 7:43 pm
Lynette, This has happened to me before when I'm doing a lot of editing. It's easy to click that drop-down without realizing it.

Justin, be patient. Put all of this behind you, shake it off, and start over on the recording and check everything as though it was the first time. I know, easier said than done but as long as you still try you WILL get there.

Swaraelia

Post by Swaraelia » March 1st, 2020, 5:35 pm

Swaraelia wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 9:29 pm
LCaulkins wrote:
February 29th, 2020, 7:37 pm

I shall try :(
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_swaraelia.mp3
Thoughts? Please mein gott
-Justin J. Liu

Swaraelia

Post by Swaraelia » March 1st, 2020, 5:40 pm

Disregard Previous Post
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_swaraelia_2.mp3
The new version! Apparently the hertz is fine...but the volume and bitrate was wrong?
Help me I'm so sorry
-Justin J. Liu

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 1st, 2020, 6:50 pm

Justin!!!! Checker: "PASSED" and "This file has passed the chosen validation tests." :clap:

Whoop! Whoop! :)

Volume is low, but just slips in at the acceptable range

You are good to go. I would just enjoy doing some regular recording for two or three chapters, and then try moving the recording volume up a notch or two for sections after that. For now - take the "Passed" and run with it. :)
My Sections
Readers needed:

LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins » March 1st, 2020, 6:53 pm

P.S. I'll see you over in the Afghan Wars project, so if you have issues there, you won't be alone!

Oh, and while you're here, go ahead and edit the original post so that the heading has [OK] at the end, so other folks know you don't still need help on this.
My Sections
Readers needed:

Swaraelia

Post by Swaraelia » March 1st, 2020, 8:03 pm

LCaulkins wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 6:53 pm
P.S. I'll see you over in the Afghan Wars project, so if you have issues there, you won't be alone!

Oh, and while you're here, go ahead and edit the original post so that the heading has [OK] at the end, so other folks know you don't still need help on this.
YES! YES! YES! THANK YOU!
-Justin J. Liu