Re-test, new mic. JT

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
JT68

Post by JT68 » February 13th, 2020, 6:58 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jt_128kb.mp3

30sec

IKEDON usb mic

Checker shows within specs. Any input appreciated.

Thanks
JT

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » February 13th, 2020, 7:07 pm

Hello JT,

I just listened to your new recording, and it sounds good. Raw, is it not? There is a bit of room noise that should be easily reduced with a single pass without affecting your great voice. That said, if you can find a quieter place to record, your tracks will only benefit from that. Any time we use noise reduction, our own voice gets tweaked a bit...

The mic's a keeper!
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

JT68

Post by JT68 » February 13th, 2020, 8:10 pm

tovarisch wrote:
February 13th, 2020, 7:07 pm
Hello JT,

I just listened to your new recording, and it sounds good. Raw, is it not? There is a bit of room noise that should be easily reduced with a single pass without affecting your great voice. That said, if you can find a quieter place to record, your tracks will only benefit from that. Any time we use noise reduction, our own voice gets tweaked a bit...

The mic's a keeper!
Hello and thanks for getting back so soon. It is raw. Will have to remember to fix before submitting next time :lol:

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » February 15th, 2020, 7:07 am

Actually, when submitting tests for whatever reason, uploading raw is OK. It helps discovering the cause of any issue. Just consider letting listeners know. Postprocessing is recommended when submitting to a project. :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please