1-Minute Test (JamesWood) [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
JamesWood

Post by JamesWood » February 5th, 2020, 9:23 am

Greetings,
Here is my 1 minute test...

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_JamesWood.mp3

Recorded in Adobe Audition CC (2019) on an iMac running macOS High Sierra using a Scarlett CM25 Condenser Mic plugged into a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB audio interface.
I applied some minor EQ and loudness normalisation. (the same process I use for other audiobooks I've recorded for Findaway Voices)

linny

Post by linny » February 5th, 2020, 9:50 am

James,
Welcome to LV!

Your recording is a little too loud. You may want to lower your input volume a little. This file is at 92.3dB. We aim for 89dB with an allowance of 86-92dB.

Please upload the modified file and post another link to this same thread for a double check.
My DPL list Bookmarks *Husband arrives home Mar 28. Please be patient if I'm a little slower than normal.
Readers Wanted: Children-Stories of today SOTU - McKinley Arabian Nights 1800's Christian Memoir War/Romance

JamesWood

Post by JamesWood » February 6th, 2020, 1:48 am

Hi Linny,

Thank you for the feedback.
Here is the modified file... https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_JamesWood.mp3

It may still be a little loud due to my post processing workflow.
Could you let me know how you find the 92.3dB measurement in Adobe Audition?
I typically use the Amplitude Statistics window to analyse my loudness levels, but I don't see the volume indicated as 92.3dB anywhere.

linny

Post by linny » February 7th, 2020, 1:50 pm

Hello James,
I'm sorry but I don't know Adobe Audition. We do have a simple little app which will tell you if you. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36489

You could also post over in the Help Wanted forum. I'm sure someone there could help you with your program. viewforum.php?f=23

As for this test, your volume is now within range at 91.5dB. PL OK. :clap:

You may now record for projects. We suggest starting in short works until you are comfortable with the editing process.

When you have some time please take a look at our wiki. It's a wonderful resource.

Have fun and thank you for contributing.
My DPL list Bookmarks *Husband arrives home Mar 28. Please be patient if I'm a little slower than normal.
Readers Wanted: Children-Stories of today SOTU - McKinley Arabian Nights 1800's Christian Memoir War/Romance

JamesWood

Post by JamesWood » February 10th, 2020, 5:57 am

Hi Linny,

Thank you.
Those links are most helpful.

I'm excited to get started with some projects now that my levels are correct.