1 minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Expralitemonk

Post by Expralitemonk » January 25th, 2020, 7:11 am

Hello - new to LibriVox and have just recorded the test. I'm using a Chromebook and don't have the trust in myself to use the Linux route recommended for using Audacity, so have used Beautiful Audio Editor. Grateful for any recommendations/feedback!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_expralitemonk.mp3

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » January 27th, 2020, 10:25 am

Welcome to LV!

I don't know your editing software so I can't help you with the changes but I can provide you feedback on corrections needed.

If you need help with the corrections please post again here or in our Help forum. viewforum.php?f=23

Your voice is lovely and clear with little to no background noise. You are just missing some of the specifications we need.

Your audio is in stereo and we need mono.

The bit rate needs to be 44.1 kHz (44,100 Hz).

The volume is a touch too loud at 92.4dB. We aim for 89dB with an acceptable allowance of 86-92dB.

Please post your corrected file in this same thread for a double check.
DPL list Mama is in the hospital. Please be patient. I’ll be online when I can. It should only be a couple of days.
Readers Wanted: Children-Stories (5 sections open) For the Temple

Expralitemonk

Post by Expralitemonk » January 27th, 2020, 3:06 pm

Hello! Thanks for your feedback - I couldn't work out what I was doing with the Beautiful editor, so switched to Twisted Wave which looks a bit easier to edit those bits!

Here's the new recording - hopefully I haven't introduced new problems!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_expralitemonk2.mp3

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » January 28th, 2020, 11:40 am

The good news it that this file is in mono and the bit rate the correct.

The problem is that your volume only at 80dB. When I amplified it prior to listening then I noticed it would also need to be noise cleaned.

You'll likely need to play with the input settings or your position to the mic in order to get the volume you need with this new program.

Don't get frustrated. It sometimes takes numerous tries even without changing programs. You'll get there. :D
DPL list Mama is in the hospital. Please be patient. I’ll be online when I can. It should only be a couple of days.

Expralitemonk

Post by Expralitemonk » February 1st, 2020, 11:47 am

Hi Linny, thank you for your help!

I've redone it (again!) here: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_expralitemonk3.mp3

I think this one is louder - it's hard to tell though as this programme lists Min sample value, max sample value, peak amplitude, true peak amplitude, DC offset, LUFS, avg RMS powr, min RMS power, Max RMS power and everything that's listed in dB is around -3 or -23/24. And I don't know what any of that means so hard to tell when I've got it right! But the numbers are a bit higher this time, I just hope I haven't overshot!

Again, thank you for all your help!

linny
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by linny » February 1st, 2020, 2:39 pm

Oh, I thought you were editing in Audacity. I'm sorry about that. This test is at 87.4dB. We use an easy little application to check specifications. You can download it if you'd like. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=36489

This test meets all LV requirements. PL OK! :clap:

You may now record for projects. We suggest starting in short works until you are comfortable with the editing process.

When you have some time please take a look at our wiki. It's a wonderful resource.

Have fun and thank you for contributing.