My 1 Minute Test:)

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
cjb188

Post by cjb188 » December 11th, 2019, 10:31 pm

Here it is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_cjb188.mp3

I'm using Mac, GarageBand, Analog (I believe)

Feedback is much appreciated.

Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 » December 12th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Your recording sounds good! Your volume is spot-on and your level of background noise is nice and low. :thumbs: There are a couple of things that need to be changed before you can start recording for LibriVox, though.

(I don't know how to use GarageBand, but I can tell you how to fix your recording using the free Audacity recording program.)

Your recording should be in mono sound, not stereo sound. To fix this, open your recording in Audacity, then:

- On the top left edge of the tracks, click the little black down arrow next to "test_cjb188"
- From the drop-down list, choose "Split Stereo to Mono"
- Then, at the very top left corner of either of the tracks, click the x so that you're left with only one

(To set Audacity to record in mono sound every time, click Edit>Preferences>Devices, and next to "Channels" select "1 (Mono)" from the list.)

Also, the bit rate of your recording needs to be 128 kbps. To do this, when you're ready to export:

- Click "File"
- Click "Export Audio..."
- Next to "Save as type," make sure "MP3 Files" is selected
- Next to "Bit Rate Mode," make sure "Constant" is selected
- Next to "Quality," select "128 kbps" from the drop-down list

When you're ready, upload your new test to LibriVox and post the link to it here. And if you have any questions, please ask. :)
DR: Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott