1 minute test- feedback required [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Jane788

Post by Jane788 » August 8th, 2019, 10:04 am

Hi,

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jane788.mp3

I’m looking for feedback on my first test. I’ve used my iPad recording on TwistedWave using the really helpful video tutorial. I’ve recently moved from the UK to Texas and only brought my iPad with me, so no laptop at the moment but I’m happy to look at getting one & a usb microphone if the iPad recordings don’t work out.

Many thanks

Jane :D

cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 » August 8th, 2019, 11:45 am

Noce job. However I have something i need you to correct.

Librivox requires a volume range of 86-92dB your test file is at 71dB. I use Houksi2 on iPad not twisted wave so I would not be able to give you exact steps. However here is a idea of what you need to do.

1) Find the "Gain" settings on twisted wave
2) Gain the file by 19dB
3) In the future turn up the volume of your recordings so that you don't have to amplify so much. (It does not sound as good)

Once you think that you've fixed it re-upload your test and then post back here. I'll be around to have another listen.
~Luke Castle
Limited wifi. Please bear with me until we get it fixed

My projects that need readers
Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard Unprofessional Tales|DPL needed

Dramatic Read!The Blind Brother

Jane788

Post by Jane788 » August 8th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the feedback, I’ve increased the gain on the file by 19db as suggested and re-uploaded to the following

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jane788a.mp3

I’m not sure if I can increase the volume of the recordings on the ipad but I’ll look into it. Would you recommend the Houksi2 for iPad as a recording tool?

Many thanks

Jane

cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 » August 9th, 2019, 9:10 am

Nice job! Test marked ok by cowguy02

I personaly prefer Houksi2 just for the features. It does have one issue though-You have to covert the files to mp3 afterwards with a .mp3 converter app. However i use it beacuse it just has a better feature set and editing and recording are WAY better and easier in Houksi.
~Luke Castle
Limited wifi. Please bear with me until we get it fixed

My projects that need readers
Bealby
Freckles The life of Harriot Stuart The House By The Churchyard Unprofessional Tales|DPL needed

Dramatic Read!The Blind Brother