Louisa Lilias Plunket Green was an Irish author of children's books. However, like any good book for children, this book is also for adults. Everybody knows Violet, the girl who always sits by the window and looks at any passer-by. The girl who is just looking, and never playing outside. The children tell her she is a hunchback. The adults consider them cruel. This book is exactly about that conflict. How much to tell? How much to shelter a girl from a world she might never be able to join? Can Violet be happy with her lot, even in the face of trouble? This is a very touching book for those who want to learn about children, the adults who love them, and what it truly means to be different. ( Stav Nisser)
This project is looking for prooflisteners. A DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) would be preferred, but until one is found, we need prooflistening for completed sections.
Project thread: viewtopic.php?p=1616326#p1616326
Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening.
Level of PL: Standard
- Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)?
- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
- Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread?
- Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?
New to prooflistening? Please read this FAQ.