One minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
rumpledpoetry

Post by rumpledpoetry » May 14th, 2019, 3:07 pm

Hello, new here. My one minute test, recorded with a tascam dr-05 and then noise reduction and amplification in audacity. Thank you kindly.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_rumpledpoetry.mp3

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » May 16th, 2019, 11:43 am

wow, excellent job, rumpledpoetry ! I extremely like your mellifluent voice :9: it was so agreeable to listen to.

All the techspecs are LV standard as well, so there is no holding you back. The test is OK and you are free to join any project on offer. Already I'm looking forward to hearing you in one of the projects I'm prooflistening (yes that was a shameless advertisement LOL)

So: welcome to the forum and have fun !

Sonia

rumpledpoetry

Post by rumpledpoetry » May 16th, 2019, 3:05 pm

Thank you, Sonia! Are you prooflistening any poetry you could direct me towards? Not that I wouldn't dip my tongue into prose, but it's not my main interest.

rumpledpoetry

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » May 16th, 2019, 11:19 pm

rumpledpoetry wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 3:05 pm
Are you prooflistening any poetry you could direct me towards? Not that I wouldn't dip my tongue into prose, but it's not my main interest.
ah yes, I totally understand, I myself are more the poetry than prose type, and even more so I have a penchant for drama. :9: I see you already found the Madison Cawein project :thumbs: good choice.

For the moment I am mostly prooflistening in the drama forum, but I also have a World's Story series running (all the world's history in poetry and prose). For the current project, there is still one poem available. Section 93. The death of Winkelried, the rest are all prose texts, I'm afraid. But if you want to try a very short role in a drama reading, there is one last role available in section 90. The shot of William Tell. The role of Leuth is still up for grabs, a very short role, only 3 or 4 sentences, so it's perfect to try it out, whether it's something you like. :) I'm always on the lookout for new drama talents, so maybe you will join our crew one day. It's great fun, and your voice will definitely be a great addition. You can find the World Story project here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=74619 in case you are interested in the poem.

Have fun with Cawein ! He's definitely a great poet.

Sonia

rumpledpoetry

Post by rumpledpoetry » May 17th, 2019, 2:08 am

I'll take Winkelried, certainly, posted such over there. Drama... I confess makes me nervous. Perhaps in the future, though! Thank you, Sonia.

rumpledpoetry

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » May 17th, 2019, 2:15 am

rumpledpoetry wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 2:08 am
Drama... I confess makes me nervous. Perhaps in the future, though!
I understand, I had the same feeling with my first drama play. :? I somehow felt embarrassed to "act out" even though I was totally alone in the room. :oops: It gets better though, and it's absolute fun. Now I am not afraid to "monkey around" anymore and be as expressive as I can. :lol: Each role is a challenge to be tackled.

But yes: it's probably not everybody's cup of tea. Some people feel good with acting, others never will. That's one of the bonuses of LibriVox, you can try out so many things, and if you see that's not "your thing", there's no harm done, you simply hand back your claim and nobody will blame you.

Enjoy, that's the important thing. If that means poetry (exclusively) for you, then you surely will have a lot of projects to tuck into. 8-)

Sonia