One Minute Test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
velvet

Post by velvet » May 13th, 2019, 8:53 pm

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » May 16th, 2019, 12:01 pm

Hi Velvet!

Welcome to Librivox!

I'm only having some trouble with your bit rate! Everything else is great with your recording set up!
Could you check in Audacity , the options when you export to mp3, is "Constant" selected as a Bit Rate Mode?

velvet

Post by velvet » June 17th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Thanks so much for your suggestion, and I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to get back to you. I'm having some trouble with Audacity (mostly related to the fact that I don't know how to use it), but am trying to get a better version of my one-minute test uploaded. I set the bit rate to constant.

velvet

Post by velvet » June 17th, 2019, 9:33 pm

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina » June 18th, 2019, 2:09 am

Hello again, Velvet! Nice to see you back!

So the bit-rate needs to be 128kbps constant, you'll just need to choose 128 kbps from those options.

Another suggestion is about microphone placement. I noticed just a couple of plosives in your recording, that's when the air/breath hits the microphone directly so it creates sound distortion. Try an angle, to the side, or up/down, so that your breath goes past it. It's either that, or the microphone is not at a stable position, so the movement creates that sporadic sound distortion. Just something to keep an eye on then :)

Well done so far! Audacity is our friend :mrgreen: One more try for the bit rate?