1-minute test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
millieglassbury

Post by millieglassbury » May 10th, 2019, 7:09 am

hi there,
Wanted to share my 1-minute test file, found here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_millieglassbury.mp3

Relevant details:
- Computer system: Windows 10
- Recorded with Audacity 2.3.1
- Mic: Samson USB "Go Mic"

Looking forward to hearing any feedback. Thank you in advance!
Millie

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » May 12th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Welcome, Millie! Your settings all look good, and volume is ok too. :thumbs: You have a relaxed and comfortable pace which I like! The only suggestion for improvement I have for you is to watch out for plosives. You can hear this a couple of times in your recording, once at the very beginning and again at around 0:23. It's very slight, but it's that windy noise you can hear when the air from your constants hits the mic directly. It wouldn't at all prevent your recording from being used, but it's just a suggestion, if you'd like to try to improve. Here are some tips.

In any case, your test is ok and you're clear to begin recording! Check out the Readers Wanted boards to find something you'd like to read. :D

millieglassbury

Post by millieglassbury » May 12th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Thank you so much for your careful listening and the tips! I will listen to the clip and do some practicing with those tricky areas as well before getting started.
Millie