One Minute Test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
ZeroToLaunch

Post by ZeroToLaunch » April 28th, 2019, 8:48 am

This is a LibriVox *One-Minute Test* Recording :)

Audacity
Mac
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test-ZeroToLaunch.mp3
Last edited by ZeroToLaunch on April 30th, 2019, 4:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ZeroToLaunch

Post by ZeroToLaunch » April 28th, 2019, 5:52 pm

I updated this with some articles concerning audacity and my microphone.

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 30th, 2019, 6:46 am

Hey there, nice work! Sounded amazing, and passed all technical specs. Happy to give you the OK to record! Just one little word of caution, on your 'p' sounds I heard the slightest of plosives. You might not want to let the microphone get in front of your mouth even more. If anything, nudging it a tad up or down (for a headset) or to the side (for a desktop), away from your mouth, may help remove these. Let me know if I'm not clear enough :mrgreen:
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

ZeroToLaunch

Post by ZeroToLaunch » April 30th, 2019, 4:41 pm

lymiewithpurpose wrote:
April 30th, 2019, 6:46 am
Hey there, nice work! Sounded amazing, and passed all technical specs. Happy to give you the OK to record! Just one little word of caution, on your 'p' sounds I heard the slightest of plosives. You might not want to let the microphone get in front of your mouth even more. If anything, nudging it a tad up or down (for a headset) or to the side (for a desktop), away from your mouth, may help remove these. Let me know if I'm not clear enough :mrgreen:
Thank you! I understand. I think the added Bass boost makes the "P" sounds a little more pronounced. But thank you so much! :)