1 Minute Test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
idcmate

Post by idcmate » April 26th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Using Audacity, a Zax sounds microphone. Thanks so much!
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_idcmate.mp3

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 27th, 2019, 8:25 pm

idcmate wrote:
April 26th, 2019, 4:35 pm
Using Audacity, a Zax sounds microphone. Thanks so much!
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_idcmate.mp3
First of all, love the username. Perfect. Second of all, nice recording. You have a great, useful, energetic voice. It almost passes, just with one little thing to fix. When you spoke, I heard an electronic hum in the background. This is easily reduced:
1. Select a small piece of your recording that is pure noise (hint, the beginning and end may not work so well for you since they don't have the hum. A good sample may be somewhere in the 14 second range)
2. Go into menu items Effect>Noise Reduction
3. In Section 2 on the screen, choose your settings. My settings are Noise Reduction: 12, Sensitivity: 6, Frequency: 0.
4. Select 'Get Noise Profile'.
5. Select your entire recording.
6. Go to menu items Effect>Repeat Noise Reduction.
7. When playing around with this, I needed to do this twice.

Let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, please fix this, re upload, and post to this thread so I can listen again :)

EDIT: I also wanted to mention a few other minor things. First of all, your volume is exactly at 92 dbs, our upper limit. Please don't let it get much louder :wink:. Secondly, I heard some slight plosives. Not bad, but preventable. If you maybe wanted to orient your mic slightly differently (maybe scootch it to the side of your mouth a tad, move it up, etc.) then that wouldn't hurt anything. No need to re record for this test though.
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers