1 Min Test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
AggieMusic

Post by AggieMusic » April 18th, 2019, 5:45 pm

Hello!

Thank you for any feedback on my 1 min test. I'm hoping to upload a short story to the Short Ghost and Horror Story Collection. I'm working on a few last minutes edits this weekend and it should be good to go - as long as everyone thinks my audio is fine. Thank you again to anyone that takes the time to provide feedback.

Recording software: Audacity
Operating system: Windows
Mic Type: Analog

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/test_aggiemusic.mp3

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 22nd, 2019, 5:08 pm

Hello there, and welcome! Sorry it took somebody so long to respond, I guess all were busy! There are just a few issues to work on before submitting.

The first is the bit rate. Yours is currently at 104 kpbs variable, we need it at 128 kpbs constant. In Audacity this is an easy fix:
1.Go to export it (menu items file>export)
2. Look under the Format Options section
3.Where it says 'Bit Rate Mode', select 'Constant'
4. In the 'Quality' drop down menu select 128 kbps.

Secondly, you may want to run a bit of noise reduction on it, as (especially when you talk) there is some noise. To do so:
1. Select a small piece of your recording that is pure noise
2. Go into menu items Effect>Noise Reduction
3. In Section 2 on the screen, choose your settings. My settings are Noise Reduction: 12, Sensitivity: 6, Frequency: 0.
4. Select 'Get Noise Profile'.
5. Select your entire recording.
6. Go to menu items Effect>Repeat Noise Reduction.

The noise reduction is optional, as it is not too bad. The bit rate is something that should be fixed before submitting, as we can only accept files with these settings :cry:. Please re upload and post in this thread and I'll take another listen! You have a wonderful reading voice that I hope to hear around :D.
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers