My One-Minute Test Recording [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
CMWendt

Post by CMWendt » April 18th, 2019, 7:38 am

Here is the link to my test recording. Please let me know what you think. I record on Audacity for Windows and use a headset microphone/headphones.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_cmwendt.mp3

Thank you.

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni » April 18th, 2019, 5:06 pm

Hello, and welcome to Librivox! We will have to fix a few things on your test - but don't worry, we are here to help.

Your recording is is stereo, and it should be in mono. Also, your bitrate should be constant, and at 128kbp (yours is variable, at ~119). To fix this, when you export your track, make sure to pick these:

Also, your volume is really really low. You can see that in the Audacity waveforms. In your track, they are small, and they should look something like this:

So, I will ask you to please record it again, turning the volume gain up, and exporting with those specifications. You can use exactly the same track name, and post it as a reply on this thread.

Thanks! :)
Leni
=================

Come read about flowers and plants in Pliny's Natural History! :D

CMWendt

Post by CMWendt » April 22nd, 2019, 6:14 am

Here is my updated recorded test. I hope I got it right.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_cmwendt.mp3

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » April 30th, 2019, 5:23 am

Everything checks out on this one. 8-) You're good to go!

I will mention, though, that you have a couple plosives. This is when your breath directly hits the microphone on letters like P, F, or TH. (On yours, they're on the word "pleased" at 0:01 and "pages" at 0:03.) Move your microphone a little above or below your mouth with a headset mic. This will help the air pass by the mic instead of directly hitting it. No need for a new test on this; just watch out for it on future recordings. :)