test_frankie887 [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Frankie887

Post by Frankie887 » April 12th, 2019, 6:00 pm

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 16th, 2019, 6:45 pm

Hi there, welcome to LibriVox! Lovely recording, can't wait to have you join us! There are just two quick issues we need to sort out first:

The first is your background noise. It is very loud! To fix this:
1. Select a small piece of your recording that is pure noise
2. Go into menu items Effect>Noise Reduction
3. In Section 2 on the screen, choose your settings. My settings are Noise Reduction: 12, Sensitivity: 6, Frequency: 0.
4. Select 'Get Noise Profile'.
5. Select your entire recording.
6. Go to menu items Effect>Repeat Noise Reduction.
7. When I played around with your test, I had to repeat this process 2 or 3 times to remove most of the noise. Something to play around with. I recommend doing the noise reduction before going through to the next step (your volume). This process will lower the overall volume of the recording. If it is still outside the range (more descriptions below), then go ahead and follow the next steps.

The next is your volume. If you haven't already, downloading the program Checker can help you see your volume. Your volume is currently at 95.6 dbs, Librivox requires a range of 86-92 with 89 being preferred.

I recommend decreasing the microphone slider in Audacity, so that it will input at a lower value. To fix this recording however:
1. Select your entire recording
2. Go to menu items Effect>Amplify
3. Enter whatever number you need to get to 89 (in this case -6.6) in the first box
4. Hit OK.
This should get you to the required range!

Hope this wasn't confusing! Of course, feel free to ask questions. Once you do this, please re upload, post in this thread, and I will take another listen.
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers

Frankie887

Post by Frankie887 » April 22nd, 2019, 6:09 pm

Thank you so much for the feedback, and taking the time to write in so much detail! :D

Here is the second version. I've applied the changes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test2_frankie887.mp3

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 22nd, 2019, 6:17 pm

Frankie887 wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 6:09 pm
Thank you so much for the feedback, and taking the time to write in so much detail! :D

Here is the second version. I've applied the changes.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test2_frankie887.mp3
Nice work, you fixed both issues! It is all OK now. Hope to see you around the forum :D
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers