test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
EndyWright

Post by EndyWright » April 10th, 2019, 7:30 pm

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 16th, 2019, 6:29 pm

Hello there, welcome! You have a nice energetic voice that will be perfect for our purposes! First, there are a few things to fix however.

The first is the bit rate. Yours currently is at 87 variable, we need it to be 128 constant. This is a very simple fix:
1.Go to export it (menu items file>export)
2. Look under the Format Options section
3.Where it says 'Bit Rate Mode', select 'Constant'
4. In the 'Quality' drop down menu select 128 kbps.

Next is the volume. If you haven't already, downloading the program Checker can help you see your volume. Your volume is currently at 97.4 dbs, Librivox requires a range of 86-92 with 89 being preferred. I recommend decreasing the microphone slider in Audacity, so that it will input at a lower value. To fix this recording however:
1. Select your entire recording
2. Go to menu items Effect>Amplify
3. Enter whatever number you need to get to 89 (in this case -8.4) in the first box
4. Hit OK.
This should get you to the required range!

You currently have quite a bit of background noise. However, since you will be amplifying to make it quieter, this should reduce some of it. If you still hear a hum/buzz/rustling after amplifying it:
1. Select a small piece of your recording that is pure noise
2. Go into menu items Effect>Noise Reduction
3. In Section 2 on the screen, choose your settings. My settings are Noise Reduction: 12, Sensitivity: 6, Frequency: 0.
4. Select 'Get Noise Profile'.
5. Select your entire recording.
6. Go to menu items Effect>Repeat Noise Reduction.

This may look like a ton of work, but it actually is pretty simple! Once you make these fixes, please re upload, post in this same thread, and I will listen again! Then, we can get you recording!