Terrence O’Conner, Son of an officer in the “Mayo Fusiliers,” joins as an ensign when the regiment is called out to Portugal to fight the French in the Peninsular War. Terrence quickly distinguishes himself in early battles and is with Sir John Moore when that general invaded Spain. General Moore was forced to retreat to the town of Corunna where the British beat the French and then retreated on their ships without Terrence. Terrence eventually leads a band of Portuguese irregulars and creates the Minho Regiment. He rescues his cousin from a convent and is present at the fall of Oporto. Part 2 of the story is told in the sequel “Under Wellington’s Command.” (Charles P. Sapp)
This project is looking for prooflisteners. A DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) would be preferred, but until one is found, we need prooflistening for completed sections.
Project thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=73179
Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening.
Level of PL: Standard
- Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)?
- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
- Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread?
- Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?
New to prooflistening? Please read this FAQ.