my 1 minute test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
GerritD

Post by GerritD » April 10th, 2019, 9:41 am

GerritD

Post by GerritD » April 10th, 2019, 9:54 am

i completely forgot to make the file 128 kbps here's the fixed recording. https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/GerritD_1_minute_test_fixed.mp3

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 16th, 2019, 6:23 pm

Hi there, welcome to LibriVox! Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I guess nobody's been through here in a little while. Anyways, I took a listen to your recordings! I will comment on the second one (but both have the same issues). First of all, what recording software do you use? Depending on what it is, I can either provide directions or point you to somewhere where you can. For now, I will list what needs to be fixed:
  • Even though you said you fixed the bit rate, it still shows at 118 kbps variable, when we need it at 128 constant
  • We need your recording in mono, it is in stereo
  • Your volume is much too low at 63.3 dbs, we need it at 86-92 with 89 being preferred
Let me know if you need instructions so I can help you! Otherwise, please make these fixes, re upload, and post in this thread so I can listen again! Welcome :D
Campbell
Constructive criticism always welcome

Readers wanted: The Cliff-Dwellers