1 Minute Test Recording

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
amandagracehua

Post by amandagracehua » March 25th, 2019, 2:28 pm

Hello,

Here is my test recording. https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/LibriVox_Test_Amanda_Grace_Hua.mp3

I used GarageBand, Narration Vocal track setting, a Blue Yeti microphone.

Does it sound ok? Any advice if not?

Best,
Amanda

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » March 26th, 2019, 5:55 pm

Hey there Amanda, welcome! Nice recording that sounded lovely! Unfortunately we also have some setting requirements that were a bit off :(.

The first is your volume. It is currently at 74.9 dbs, we need it from 86-92 with 89 being preferred. There is a nice program Checker that can help you check this yourself. Since you will have to increase the volume by such a big amount you will probably find yourself with a background noise issue as well. In this case, you will want to find a way to use noise reduction on it.

Another issue is that we need it to be in mono sound, not stereo sound.

The final issue is the bit rate. We need it at 128 kbs, it is currently at 256.

Unfortunately I am not too familiar with GarageBand so I can not give you more steps. If you need more help, some good places to look would be here or here.

Once you get these things figured out, re upload with the same file name, post in this thread, and I will take another look :D Good luck!

amandagracehua

Post by amandagracehua » March 31st, 2019, 10:06 am

Thank you for that Checker link! I rerecorded it in Audacity (so much easier to use than GarageBand) and uploaded it to the checker. It cleared now!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/Test_Amanda_Grace_Hua.mp3

Thanks for the help. :clap:

Best,
Amanda

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » March 31st, 2019, 11:10 am

Nice work! I agree that Audacity is easier. In addition, more people use it, so if you ever run into a problem you are likely to get more answers :D. And the Checker tool is amazing, I use it so often! As it confirmed, you are now OK to go and record! Have fun, and I hope to see you around the forum!