One minute test by Stefan Kunze

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Facoly24

Post by Facoly24 » March 25th, 2019, 10:45 am

Hier ist der gewünschte Link zum Test:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/Testaufnahme_Librivox1.mp3

Hoffentlich klappt da jetzt alles...

LG Stefan
------
Don´t be happy when it´s urgent to be worried!

https://mostwantedmostneeded.com/

015234513819 [mobile phone]

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » March 26th, 2019, 5:47 pm

Hey there! Since you spoke English on the test I am assuming you can read it so I will speak in English here :D. Anyways, nice recording! It meets all technical specs! However there is one thing I am concerned a bit about, and that is the background noise. It is a bit distracting, and is worse when you talk. What microphone are you using? I tried a pass of noise reduction on it which seemed to help a bit but not too much. What recording software are you using? If it is Audacity I can give you more instructions on this, if not I can refer you to a place to get help. I hope we can figure this out shortly :D

Facoly24

Post by Facoly24 » March 30th, 2019, 4:40 pm

Thanks for the reply and the advice. 've already recognized the disappointing sound quality. This has to be improved without question. It's quite clearly caused by using a very simple microfone. I've already figured out how important the best possible micro is for noise reduction....goin' to buy a high quality equipment entirely different from the one I used before. There's a professionell audio interface included.

As soon as the new setup is working I will retry the short test-audio and I shall make sure that it meets the standards then. It's my own experience that the best reading isn't so satisfying when the audio is not excellent. In quiet rooms or by using headphones it's really kind of annoying.

My software is Audacity. That'll do fine for me. I could switch to another software but it seems to be obvious that the original recorded audio was too bad for improvement. I'll figure that out by tomorrow.

That's it for today. My sincere thanks for your kind instructions. Bye, Stefan
------

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » March 30th, 2019, 4:47 pm

Great! I think that is an excellent option too. While you could make it work with that microphone, I agree that it would be more enjoyable to listen to with another. If you think you will enjoy this it might be worth it to invest in a higher quality mic.

And Audacity is great to use. It is fairly simple, and if you run into any problems ever there is a wide support system here :D.

Best of luck to you with your equipment change! And when you post your new test, go ahead and reply in this same thread. I will get notified then, and can quickly come make sure it is a-ok!

Facoly24

Post by Facoly24 » April 3rd, 2019, 6:03 pm

This is the one-minute-test of Facoly24.

Here´s the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_facoly24.mp3
------

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » April 3rd, 2019, 9:10 pm

New test from Stefan here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=74514

Facoly24

Post by Facoly24 » April 4th, 2019, 1:20 am

Thank you all for helping me out. This forum confuses me. :D

Greets, Stefan
------

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 4th, 2019, 6:08 am

Hello there! Thanks for re uploading! As you probably figured out, posting in the same thread may have kept it more organized. But no worries, it worked out (with the help of Monika). An admin may stop by and merge the threads at some point, just to make sure everything's nice and orderly. But for now, I'll comment on your test.

This one is soooo much better! All the tech specs are correct, and the sound quality is great! The only nit picky thing I have is I heard the slightest of slightest background hums. You would not absolutely need to clean this up as it is exceptionally minor, but if you wanted to run one pass of noise reduction on it it wouldn't hurt. I tried it and it turned out pretty well. Do you know how? Or would you like instructions?

This is such a minor and optional issue that I am happy to give you the OK to go ahead and record! Have fun, and I hope to see you around the forum!

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 4th, 2019, 6:11 am

moniaqua wrote:
April 3rd, 2019, 9:10 pm
New test from Stefan here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=74514
Thanks Monika! Wouldn't have noticed for a bit :D.
Facoly24 wrote:
April 4th, 2019, 1:20 am
Thank you all for helping me out. This forum confuses me.

Greets, Stefan
It is pretty confusing at first. I think you'll find you will get used to it though. If you ever have any questions, make sure to post in the 'Need Help? Got Advice?' forum and somebody will come along and help you. I went ahead and responded in the other thread. Like I mentioned there, an admin may come along and merge the threads so all is in one place, but one may not :D.

Facoly24

Post by Facoly24 » April 6th, 2019, 7:04 am

Hey all, thanks for the approval.

:-)

I didn´t realize what an issue it would be to record a proper file for the test....*sigh*

When I did it finally I had another obstacle: it was so very windy outside that these wind noises came through and where recorded time after time....*head---table*

I finished the upload anyway, because I got a little bit frustrated after all these ecapades of my launch. really really didn´t figure out what it meant to enter this game. Now back to the routine work...and let´s become productive.

:-)

Greetings from a very spring-like saxony,

Stefan
------

lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose » April 6th, 2019, 7:13 am

I'm sorry you had so much trouble :cry:. It's not fun. As you probably know, we make sure that people do the test recording so that we can make sure everything is working fine. If somebody tried to record a section and had a bunch of settings wrong, it would be a bummer to have to tell them that we couldn't use their recording. And aww man, wind is annoying. Wind, rain, all those natural weathers that make it so hard on us :shock:, sometimes I wish we didn't have them :D. But hey, the upside of this is you have a sense of the process! It takes a looooooong time to get a section recorded, and it can be frustrating. The end result, as well as the fun recording it, often makes up for this though, and it is still fun overall. I hope you agree! Hope to see you around :D

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » April 6th, 2019, 7:37 am

Facoly24 wrote:
April 6th, 2019, 7:04 am
When I did it finally I had another obstacle:
And now just imagine that all would have happened on one of those really longish sections of the Friedländer :wink: