The story tells of the inner turmoil of Rodion Raskolnikov, a student in St. Petersburg who commits murder. His psychological and moral agitation is furthered and complicated by his family's arrival in St. Petersburg, his sister's engagement to a manipulative and unworthy man, and his encounters with the impoverished and troubled Marmeladov family. ( Mary J.
This project is looking for prooflisteners for EDITED CHAPTERS. A DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) would be preferred, but until one is found, we need prooflistening for completed sections.
Project thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=56968
Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening.
Text: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0RChmc5lhCQUkpXZDJvUWF4eEE&usp=sharing or http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2554
Level of PL: Special As a DR please follow the scripts or source text to ensure the editing is correct. You are listening to ensure all the parts are in the right places. Comments on volume and pacing are also appreciated but not required.
- Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)?
- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
- Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread?
- Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?
New to prooflistening? Please read this FAQ.