1 min test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
alicat132

Post by alicat132 » February 11th, 2019, 5:47 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test-alicat132.mp3

Recording software used: wave editor
Analog microphone

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » February 12th, 2019, 6:43 pm

Hello alicat132,

Thank you for the test. It sounds fine. :)

A couple technical aspects do require your attention, though.

First off, the recording is a bit soft. Checker finds the volume at about 84 dB, which is about 5 dB off our target value, 89. The simplest way to fix it is to give your mic a little more gain. You will need to tune your setup to hit the needed volume level all the time, and those of us who don't, use our editing software to amplify (or de-amplify) the track as needed. After you install Checker, run your MP3 through it, and you can easily see whether it needs adjustment and about how much.

Second, your sample rate is 48000. We need 44100. Please change that setting in your "wave editor".

Third, your exported MP3 has 320 kilobits per second bitrate. We need 128 kbps. Please export with the correct bitrate.

That's all. Sample rate, a bit louder, export at 128 kbps, pass through Checker, get green, reupload and post a reply in this thread with a new link.

Hope to hear you again soon! :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

alicat132

Post by alicat132 » February 12th, 2019, 7:00 pm

That's great feedback. Thank you! I will work on fine tuning those details and will repost when I've got those changes made.