1 min test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
wynarc

Post by wynarc » February 11th, 2019, 11:44 am

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » February 11th, 2019, 11:44 pm

Ooh, are you Scottish??? :9: I have a slight obsession with Scotland, though I've never been there. One day, I hope.

Unfortunately, in order to hear your wonderful accent, I had to turn my speakers way up. Your volume is very low. Try going into your computer's audio settings and changing the level of your microphone. Or depending on the kind of microphone you're using, there may even be an input knob on the mic itself. You need to be about 20 dB above where you currently are.

Some of your other settings also need adjustment. Your mp3 should be in mono sound (as opposed to stereo) and should have a constant bit rate of 128 kbps. You didn't mention what kind of software you're using, but if you have Audacity, this page should be able to help you with those settings.

Try again, this time much louder and with these new settings, then post your test again in this thread. :)

wynarc

Post by wynarc » February 11th, 2019, 11:52 pm

yes i will try that. its probably because ime used to recording singing and i sometimes normalise after recording. or boost the vocals in post.

yes ime scottish...tried to keep the accent to a minimum or noone will undestand me :lol:

i record with tracktion as ime used to it with music recording.

ille upload a new one soon .

thanks for the feedback

Wyn

wynarc

Post by wynarc » February 12th, 2019, 11:35 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_wynarc2.mp3

heres number 2 hopefully a bit better.

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » February 12th, 2019, 12:01 pm

Much better! :clap: This test is very well worthy of an OK!

Your volume is still a tad on the low side, but still within the acceptable range. We aim for 89 dB, but accept anywhere within 86-92. This is 86.4, so just don't let it get any lower.

Well done. You can begin browsing the Readers Wanted forums, if you haven't already, to find something you'd like to record. Have fun!

wynarc

Post by wynarc » February 12th, 2019, 1:51 pm

i recorded peak levels around -10dB and boosted it in post with +5, ille make another so ime sure that my input volume is ok.

thanks for the quick reply. ile check out the reading forum!

i just went back to the track to see where the level was and i can see that its just about -5dB on peak levels. does that mean that you will need just under 0dB ? i could just boost it more in post before uploading of course.....

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » February 12th, 2019, 11:11 pm

wynarc wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 1:51 pm
i recorded peak levels around -10dB and boosted it in post with +5, ille make another so ime sure that my input volume is ok.

i just went back to the track to see where the level was and i can see that its just about -5dB on peak levels. does that mean that you will need just under 0dB ? i could just boost it more in post before uploading of course.....
I hate to tell you this, but your question is a bit over my head. I don't know what "-5dB on peak levels" and "just under 0dB" means. :lol: I'm about as amateur as they come. But I'm not telling you that you still need to make your recordings louder. I'm just saying not to let them get any softer, is all. Your last test was fine. :)

wynarc

Post by wynarc » February 13th, 2019, 12:09 am

:thumbs: