1 Min Newbie Test... Thanks!! [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 » February 6th, 2019, 12:46 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jbholland77.mp3 This is my unedited 1 min test using Audacity and Windows with a headset mic. I have a desktop mic that I can use if needed to improve sound quality. Thanks for any and all input!! :D

macfixx

Post by macfixx » February 6th, 2019, 11:50 pm

Non-expert opinion so please take it for what its worth. You have a pleasant voice and would enjoy hearing it read a book.

Again, I'm a novice but many of the mouth noises detected sound similar to those I battled. I had to hang up the headset mic despite grumbling all the way.

Recording the same text on both systems, I then walked away for a day or so before ever listening. That's when the differences jumped out and also realized with a regular microphone clean up took considerably less time. Just looking at the waveform of the two "side by side" in Audacity identified weak spots, strong spots, and things to watch out for.

While not overcome, I'm still trying and hope you will too.

Good luck! Stick with it!

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » February 7th, 2019, 1:49 am

Jbholland77 wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 12:46 pm
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jbholland77.mp3 This is my unedited 1 min test using Audacity and Windows with a headset mic. I have a desktop mic that I can use if needed to improve sound quality. Thanks for any and all input!! :D
Welcome at LibriVox, Elisabeth :)

This test meets all technical specifications; an admin will mark it PL OK soon.

It could benefit from light noise cleaning; this is more a matter of pride than a need :) You can try your desktop mik and if you want can come back here, but I don't feel it is necessary - I trust you to get it right. So go over to readers wanted and have fun recording :)

Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 » February 7th, 2019, 6:47 am

Thank you guys so much! Your input is greatly appreciated. I will definitely work on noise cleaning (and "plosives") and will try the desk mic vs. the headset. One quick question, do I need to wait for admin OK before signing up for a read? Thanks again!

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » February 7th, 2019, 7:21 am

Jbholland77 wrote:
February 7th, 2019, 6:47 am
do I need to wait for admin OK before signing up for a read?
No, my (or the one from another volunteer) ok is sufficient, but is is there already anyway :D

Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 » February 7th, 2019, 8:58 am

Thanks, Monika!!