1 Minute Test (Español) [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Lumina

Post by Lumina » February 5th, 2019, 11:56 pm

Hola comunidad!

Acabo de registrarme hoy y de subir mi prueba, para quienes deseen darme algunas críticas constructivas. Por ahora todo en español porque mi prueba es en español, pronto me gustaría grabar en inglés y entonces abriré otra publicación. Espero poder empezar a contribuir pronto con alguna lectura :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_lumina.mp3

Gracias por su tiempo!

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » February 6th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Welcome at LibriVox, Lumina :)

as you, if I understand right, want to record in English you hopefully understand my post as I don't really talk Spanish :mrgreen:

There is only one thing we need to have a look on:
The volume is not much, but it is over 92 dB. We aim at 89 dB within a range of 86 to 92 dB. As I've learned that archive or the uploader or whatever can't deal with recordings outside the range, you'd need to lower volume just a little bit.

You can check the volume with mp3gain (or ReplayGain]ReplayGain[/url] if you use Audacity) or Checker.

Please edit the file and post the new upload here in the thread again, thank you :)

Lumina

Post by Lumina » February 6th, 2019, 5:06 pm

Hi Monika!

Thank you so much for your feedback :D , now I realize I should have written my first post in English. I understood your message and from now on I will write in English to talk with more people.

Yes, I use Audacity as I read on the recommendations because is the first time I record my voice for this. I didn't notice the detail of dB, but I already adjust it with ReplayGain (Such an useful tool!). I also ran it through Checker and it was okay, now I think the mp3 is correct.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_lumina.mp3

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » February 7th, 2019, 1:40 am

Lumina wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 5:06 pm
now I realize I should have written my first post in English. I understood your message and from now on I will write in English to talk with more people.
It's ok, we both survived :) Btw, in the threads for Spanish books chances are really high that you meet people who actually speak that language ;) It's only in the general and multilingual sections that it's easier for everyone to talk English.
Lumina wrote:
February 6th, 2019, 5:06 pm
now I think the mp3 is correct.
It is :thumbs: PL OK. Go have fun reading your Jane Austen :)

Remember to leave 5 seconds of silence in the end in your future recordings. (It is written in the first posts of the projects-threads. Those contain a ton of useful information.) And most important - have fun! :)