One Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
carrielsherry

Post by carrielsherry » February 5th, 2019, 10:17 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_carrielbarlow.mp3

I'm a little lilt-y -- still getting over a cold -- but in terms of the specifications, sound quality, volume, etc, would love feedback.

Recorded with a non-usb mic using Audacity on Mac.

Thanks!

macfixx

Post by macfixx » February 5th, 2019, 5:56 pm

I am no authority, so take this for what it's worth. I found your voice clear and personable with the recording very clean.

Now on a far more personal note and to give far more disclosure than necessary, I add the following. I don't know if you have a "style" in mind but your voice transported me back to the "Little Golden Books" 78 records I adored a child though I hadn't thought about those for eons. This is meant as a most sincere compliment. Strange how things like that fire off flashbacks isn't it. Should you ever read "Tootle" for Librivox, I might believe time travel possible. :thumbs:

carrielsherry

Post by carrielsherry » February 6th, 2019, 12:30 pm

macfixx, I can't tell you how glad I am to hear you say that! The first recording assignment I have is for a fairytale, and I have thoroughly enjoyed recording it. I was planning on mostly sticking with children's lit assignments if all turned out well! This is great news :9:

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua » February 7th, 2019, 2:25 am

Jeez, am I happy that I caught this one! I am looking for unanswered tests....

Welcome at LibriVox, Carriel :)

Additionally to the deserved praise, the tech specs are fine, too, so have fun recording your fairytale. You'll fit wonderful in reading books for kids, although you could do other stuff, do :thumbs: