[OK]Listen & Comment on my test, please.

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
DanaPaterson

Post by DanaPaterson » February 5th, 2019, 9:38 am

Please find https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/paterson1min.mp3

This was recorded with a Zoom H1n to produce a 96k, 24-bit stereo .wav file subsequently uploaded and slightly edited in Audacity then exported as 128kbit, Mono, MP3.

I'd greatly appreciate your comments. Cheers!

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » February 5th, 2019, 1:30 pm

Hi Dana, welcome to LibriVox! Your test sounds great, and all of your settings are correct, except for your sampling rate. It should be 44,100 Hz and is currently 48,000 Hz. I'm no expert, but I think this is one of those settings you really need to have in place before you begin recording and can't fix afterwards. Just to see what would happen, I opened your file in Audacity and changed the sampling rate, and it dropped the pitch of your voice significantly, making you sound a bit like Ben Stein! :shock:

See if you can change the sampling rate on your Zoom, maybe? I think that's how to address this. If you were recording directly into Audacity, I could tell you exactly what to do, but I'm not entirely sure at which stage of recording the sampling rate needs to be addressed.

If this doesn't help at all, you may want to ask in the Need Help forum. You're more likely to get a prompt answer from someone knowledgeable over there.

DanaPaterson

Post by DanaPaterson » February 5th, 2019, 1:46 pm

Deborah,

Thanks for the input. I'll re-work it and resubmit.

Very Respectfully,
Dana Paterson

DanaPaterson

Post by DanaPaterson » February 5th, 2019, 2:47 pm

Devorah (I apologize for the previous misspelling) and everyone else,

Please find the new MP3 at 44,100 Hz and let me know if it passes muster. Thanks!
http://librivox.org/uploads/tests/danapaterson1min.mp3

Very Respectfully,

Dana Paterson

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » February 5th, 2019, 11:56 pm

Yes, much better! All is well now, go forth and record! :lol:

You can check out any of the Readers Wanted forums to find a project that interests you.