Audio test - Book of Jubilees [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 » February 11th, 2019, 5:46 am

Well. I'll kind of be solo. I'll be reading it with my wife. I do the talking, and she will read along to make sure I dont screw it up. So i will have assistance in that way. The recording shluldnt be an issue once I get a few chapters under my belt. The source I posted is also a 1913 R.H. Charles text. Like, the same translation of the work. The only difference is The footnotes, which I will not be including. In audio format to include footnotes, it takes away from the direct reading itself, so what I am doing is this.

I downloaded the link you gave me in the last message. Im removing the footnotes manually to make my reading easier. Also, I hear what you are saying about the group practice first, but that's not my style. The only possible issue I have is the volume, and that can be raised or lowered as needed with edits. I don't read fiction, i dont even watch tv or films anymore. I just have a personal calling to make these works available to people seeking them. If this goes well, maybe I can do the book of Enoch next. I've seen people on the forum asking for it. I guess we'll see.

So if I have a PL ok, where do I upload my chapters. I know that every chapter I announce the title of the book. The librivox public domain statement, me 'the reader' and on the FIRST chapter i include the writer and publisher.

So yeah. Where to upload and anything I'm missing? I guess thats it for me. For now at least.

Thanks again for all the help.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » February 11th, 2019, 5:54 am

Go over to the Launchpad, read the sticky for Solos and fill in the template to the best of your ability, Then post all the template as per the instructions And wait for an MC to claim it and set it up as a project

Anne

timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 » February 11th, 2019, 1:57 pm

Alright i think I'm ready to go. I got the template made. I copied it. Saved it. But I think there is an access restriction. On the launchpad page where I think the button should be to start the project it says "Locked".

Unless there is something I missed otherwise, but I read the instructions a few tlmes and looked at the how to picture diagram. The "Locked" button is the only thing i can think of. Sorry to bug you, still learning the ropes.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » February 11th, 2019, 2:14 pm

I suspect you are trying to add to the stickied thread . You need to start a new topic in the launch pad

Anne

timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 » February 12th, 2019, 1:25 am

Okay. Things are cooking now. Topic posted ln launchpad, waiting for reply. In the meantime I have a question/concern.

I was doing some work with the audio editor that I have. Just some practice and testin on my side. I did not realize that when I save a file it converts an MP3 to an M4A. I know the files are similar, but not the 'same' exactly. For recording can I submit M4A files to librivox, or is MP3 manditory?

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » February 12th, 2019, 5:35 am

No - you must submit files in exactly the format that is stated. Anything else will not be accepted by us. That is why we have the test thread, so your files will work for LV, no one else here is going to change them for you and you probably can not even upload us.
If you are unhappy about this, you could just record it in any format you like to Archive yourself m just register at internet archive and upload it, It will not be part of our catalogue but Archive has good search functions. The choice is yours, we are happy to accept it if it is PD in the USA, but if that doesn't suit, Internet Archive is an alternative.

Anne

timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 » February 12th, 2019, 5:49 am

It's okay. I've found a way to concert the M4A files back to MP3. Its a little annoying, but it's doable. Oh well, that's what I get for not having a PC I guess. Thanks for the q/a Anne.