One Minute Test 2: Please Review! :) [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
jammyWhammy

Post by jammyWhammy » January 9th, 2019, 8:33 am

Hi all,

My last one minute test wasn't loud enough, so I downloaded the ReplyGain plug-in for Audacity and recorded again. I also talked in a more natural voice this time around, which I think sounds better than what I posted before. Without further ado, here is my new recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jammywhammy2.mp3

All feedback is welcome, from diction to background noise to anything else. Thank you! :)

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » January 10th, 2019, 3:02 am

Hi Gerald :)

your test sounds absolutely fine to me and the volume is right inside our accepted limits :thumbs: The background noise is not disturbing to me at all. So there's no problem with giving you the official OK on the test.

You're free to participate in any project on offer here now. I hope you already had a look around and know where to start. ;)

Have fun !

Oh btw it's always best to reply to the same thread instead of starting a new one. Then the initial volunteer who gave you feedback on your previous test (in this case Carolin) gets notified and knows there has been a reply from you.

I merged your test with your previous thread yesterday, viewtopic.php?p=1541638#p1541638 , but you seem not to have noticed, and instead started a third thread :? Well, this one is fine now, so no more confusion on that part. :)

Sonia

jammyWhammy

Post by jammyWhammy » January 10th, 2019, 8:22 am

Kitty wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 3:02 am
Hi Gerald :)

your test sounds absolutely fine to me and the volume is right inside our accepted limits :thumbs: The background noise is not disturbing to me at all. So there's no problem with giving you the official OK on the test.

You're free to participate in any project on offer here now. I hope you already had a look around and know where to start. ;)

Have fun !

Oh btw it's always best to reply to the same thread instead of starting a new one. Then the initial volunteer who gave you feedback on your previous test (in this case Carolin) gets notified and knows there has been a reply from you.

I merged your test with your previous thread yesterday, viewtopic.php?p=1541638#p1541638 , but you seem not to have noticed, and instead started a third thread :? Well, this one is fine now, so no more confusion on that part. :)

Sonia
Oh! -- I'm sorry! I'll make sure to do that in the future; when I saw that my second post had merged with my first, I thought I had made a mistake posting the second, so I made this third one! My bad!

Thanks for giving me the OK on my test recording! I'll get to recording right away. :)

Cheers!