1 min Test by Darbycrash feedback encouraged

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Darbycrash

Post by Darbycrash » January 8th, 2019, 6:10 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_darbycrash.mp3

Recorded on a Mac with a usb mic using Audacity.

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » January 9th, 2019, 1:11 pm

Hi, Theresa, and welcome to LibriVox!

The settings on this test are all ok except for your volume, which is low at 82 dB. We aim for 89, with an acceptable range of 86-92. You could amplify by 7 dB in Audacity by highlighting the recording, then go to Effects>Amplify and enter "7" for the amplification value. (Note: You do NOT want to click the box that says "Allow clipping.")

-OR-

You can increase the input of your microphone. You can do this within Audacity, by using the little slider you should see in the toolbar. If this slider is already all the way to the right, you'll need to change the audio settings on your Mac. I don't use a Mac, so I can't give you detailed instructions there, but there should be a setting for your mic called "input" or "recording volume" or something similar. I highly recommend adjusting your settings right off the bat to get the right volume. That way, you don't have to amplify every single recording you ever make, you can just record and know it will be at the right volume.

To check your own volume, you can use the handy dandy Checker tool. It is easy to download and use and will give you the volume measurement of your recording in dB. :)