One minute test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
blueskies

Post by blueskies » January 8th, 2019, 11:55 am

Please check my one minute test file, which was read from the text:

People were pleased to find that Peter Piper had picked a couple pages for fable fans at LibriVox. Thankful that this was Thursday the thirtieth, the Piper anticipated forum fun and a wonderful weekend of recording! This is a test by blueskies. Had it been an actual LibriVox contribution, it would have been a Public Domain text, previously published and probably interesting.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_blueskies.mp3

This was produced using a Blue Snowball iCE microphone using Audacity 2.3.0 on macOS Mojave version 10.14.2. I found using the Checker app to be very helpful for multiple attempts to adjust the volume. Finally, it passed with the following results:

File Size: 0.5 MiB
Encoding Type: MPEG-1 Layer III (encoded with LAME3.99r)
MP3 Format: 128 kbps 44,100 Hz Mono
Track Length: 0:30.96
Volume: 90.1 dB
DC Bias: -1 (-0.0028%)
Clipped Audio: 0 ms

Thank you for checking my test!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » January 9th, 2019, 12:53 pm

Welcome, Elizabeth! I suspect this won't be news to you, since it sounds like you've really done your homework, but your test passed with flying colors! In addition, your reading style is clear and engaging. :) I hope to see you around the forum. You're ready to go find something to record. Have fun!

blueskies

Post by blueskies » January 9th, 2019, 1:29 pm

mightyfelix, thanks so much for your help and see you around for sure!
Elizabeth