IP - Listener WANTED: A Battle of the Books

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Carolin » January 2nd, 2019, 12:57 pm

A Battle of the Books by Gail Hamilton (1833 - 1896).
The papers comprising the following narrative, called “A Battle of the Books,” were found in my state-room after a violent storm, during a long and dangerous sea-voyage which I was once forced to undertake. They were much stained with salt-water, but were for the most part legible. The name of the author or compiler is not given; but I judge, somewhat from the chirography, chiefly from incontestable internal evidence, that the writer is a woman. As this evidence will unfold itself to the reader in the course of the narrative, I shall not dwell upon it; nor is it, indeed, a matter of importance, except as it bears upon the question of the participation in the government by both sexes. Viewed from that point, it shows with great force the inability of women to understand affairs, and the groundlessness of the 2 present clamor for a change of status. It proves beyond question that all that women need do is to trust, and all that men care to do is to protect. ( Mary Abigail Dodge)

This project is looking for prooflisteners. A DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener) would be preferred, but until one is found, we need prooflistening for completed sections.

Project thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72779
Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening.

Level of PL: Standard
  • Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)? 

• Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time. 

• Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time. 

• Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading? 

• Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?) 

• Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread?
  • Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?

New to prooflistening? Please read this FAQ. 

Magic Window:

BC Admin
Carolin

Please help us finish Zofloya, a gothic tale of horror, love, and intrigue, in which the devil himself pulls the strings...