1-Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
jonathanhartwell

Post by jonathanhartwell » December 11th, 2018, 12:40 pm

Hi, my name is Jonathan Hartwell, and I'm just looking for some feedback on my 1-minute test:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_jonathanhartwell.mp3

This was recorded on a Blue Yeti microphone using Audacity.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance! :D

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 12th, 2018, 5:40 am

Hi Jonathan, a warm welcome to the forum and thanks for your beautifully recorded test. I admit I am an instantaneous fan of your voice and reading qualities :9: And you made a good choice with the Blue Yeti (I have the same mic), it brings out the warm quality of the voice even more.

All the technical settings are correct, you are totally ready to roll :thumbs: Here is the OK on your test and already I'm hoping that I will hear you soon in one of the projects I'm prooflistening. :D

Have fun with your first section !!!

Sonia

jonathanhartwell

Post by jonathanhartwell » December 13th, 2018, 11:44 am

Thanks so much for your feedback, Sonia! :)

Besides wanting to read short stories and longer works, I'm also looking into doing some dramatic pieces as I'm a voice actor wanting to expand my range. So I'll head to the dramatic works, and maybe I'll even end up working on a play that you'll be proof listening for!

Have a fantastic day! :clap:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 13th, 2018, 11:49 am

jonathanhartwell wrote:
December 13th, 2018, 11:44 am
Besides wanting to read short stories and longer works, I'm also looking into doing some dramatic pieces as I'm a voice actor wanting to expand my range. So I'll head to the dramatic works, and maybe I'll even end up working on a play that you'll be proof listening for!
how cool is that !!!! Check out Todd's plays...chances are high I'm the DPL (prooflistener) for those :mrgreen:

see you !!!

Sonia