1 Minute Test - Alphareadsbooks [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
alphareadsbooks

Post by alphareadsbooks » December 5th, 2018, 10:56 pm

Hello everyone! Alphareadsbooks here bringing out my 1-Minute Test.
At present I'm recording with a Windows 8 laptop, a Blue Yeti microphone with a windscreen (and a pop filter on top of that when necessary), and Audacity.
I made sure to run this file through the tester, and it seems to have passed with flying colors, though the volume is very nearly at the max threshold at 91.8 dB, so consider your eardrums warned.
I would love any feedback, comments, etc. I'm excited to be here and to help out; thank you all for making this happen!
-Alphareadsbooks
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_alphareadsbooks.mp3
"It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense."
-Mark Twain

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 6th, 2018, 5:10 am

hello and a warm welcome :)

thank you for the test and you are totally right. All the tech specs are correct and you pass with flying colours :thumbs: Here's your official shiny OK and you are free to tuck into your first project (I see you claimed already a few sections).

The volume is a bit on the loud side, but still acceptable and far from "blowing off my ears". Just make sure you won't get any louder. Other than that, your voice, expressiveness and reading tempo are absolutely fine. The Blue Yeti has a very warm and agreeable sound, I love it too, I use the same mic for my recordings. :9:

Have fun and maybe one day I hear you again in one of the projects I'm prooflistener too. :D

Sonia

alphareadsbooks

Post by alphareadsbooks » December 6th, 2018, 10:49 am

It really is a great mic! I promise my recordings will never be a decibel over 92. Your checker program works wonders and is a must have for anybody.
Thank you for reviewing and for the OK! :thumbs:
"It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense."
-Mark Twain

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 6th, 2018, 12:18 pm

alphareadsbooks wrote:
December 6th, 2018, 10:49 am
It really is a great mic! I promise my recordings will never be a decibel over 92. Your checker program works wonders and is a must have for anybody.
Thank you for reviewing and for the OK! :thumbs:
yes Checker is really helpful :) I use it all the time before I upload my recordings, just to make sure everything is still up to standard.

Well, enjoy your first official recording !

Sonia

alphareadsbooks

Post by alphareadsbooks » December 6th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Thanks! Will do. :mrgreen:
-Mark Twain