1 min test

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
skribs

Post by skribs » December 3rd, 2018, 7:19 pm

Hi, all!

Here is my first posting.....the 1 Min test using ProTools on a MAC with an analog mic

Thanks for any feedback!

Stephanie

posting.php?mode=post&f=21

skribs

Post by skribs » December 3rd, 2018, 7:24 pm

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 6th, 2018, 4:18 am

Hello Stephanie and welcome to LibriVox :)

thank you for your test, I just had a listen and I liked your voice and way of reading a lot :9: already looking forward to hearing more from you. You didn't have to let the recording run for over a minute just with silence ;) half a minute of recording was ok too to check it out.

We only need to correct two things to make it LV standard. I don't know your editing program, so I hope you can find how to change the following things.

1) your volume is too low, I had to crank it up quite a lot to hear anything ;) boosting the mic input from the start would be a good idea, if possible. Otherwise, I'm sure there is the possibilty of amplifying the recording in post-processing.
We accept between 86 and 92 dB, yours came in as a bit over 73 only. Could you please amplify with 15 dB, to bring it close to the desired average of 89 dB ?

2) your bitrate is wrong. We need 128 kbps constant. This should be set somewhere in the exporting to mp3 phase, at least with Audacity that's how it works. If you need specific help with your program, we need to post the question in the Help forum.

Please try to correct these two things and reupload in this same thread, so I can have another look :)

Good luck !

Sonia