1 minute test feedback required [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
reginacattus

Post by reginacattus » December 2nd, 2018, 9:50 am

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » December 2nd, 2018, 10:56 am

Hello Regina,

Welcome to LV! Great to have you with us. :)

Thank you for the test. All MP3 stuff is good. :thumbs:

The audio has two aspects that need your attention. First, there is a background hiss. It can be easily cleaned out, please see this wiki page for the instructions.

Second, the volume will need a slight adjustment. Checker measures the volume at more than 94 dB, and our aim is 89 dB (any value between 87 and 91 is OK). So, after you clean the volume, use Amplify effect to bring the volume down, say, 5 dB, and you should be golden! Don't forget to select the entire track for the actual noise reduction and for the (de)amplification (i.e. use the negative value to reduce the volume: -5)

That's it. Export the same way and re-upload. Once you have the link, post a reply in this very thread.

If you get stuck (which I trust you won't), do ask any questions. We're here to help.

Look forward to hearing you again! :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

reginacattus

Post by reginacattus » December 3rd, 2018, 10:01 am

Thanks for listening!
All done editing. Sounds much better. I haven't removed the mouse clicks at the start and end but I'm guessing that's simple enough to do (just select the section in the waveform and press delete?).

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_reginacattusedited.mp3

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » December 3rd, 2018, 11:06 am

Thank you Regina!

Perfect. No worries about the mouse clicks. Yes, in a real recording those are recommended to be edited out (exactly, by selecting a small piece of the track that includes the click and deleting it) You're quickly becoming the editing ace! :thumbs:

Anyway, you are ready for LibriVox.

An admin will stop by this thread to mark it with and OK, and for you there is no need to wait. Go right to our "Readers Wanted" forums and look for a group project to join, and read away!

Happy recording! :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please