One-minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
Blake1983

Post by Blake1983 » December 1st, 2018, 12:38 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_blake1983.mp3

Recording Software: Audacity
Mic type: USB
Operating system: Windows

Hello and thank you to whoever reviews this clip. Have a good day!

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » December 1st, 2018, 2:37 pm

Hello Blake,

Thank you for the test. It's almost there! :) The number of channels, the sample rate, the bitrate are all good! :thumbs:

Only one technical aspect needs your attention: the volume. Checker measures the volume at 82.8 dB, and we aim at 89, although anywhere between 87 and 91 dB is OK.

For your future recordings you can add a bit of gain in Audacity (unless the slider is already at the max), and the test you can simply amplify by 6 dB, which should be OK (make sure to select the whole track before using the Amplify effect).

Once you amplify the test and re-export it, do re-upload just like before and post the link here as a reply. For the future, do download and install Checker, and run your MP3s through it to verify.

Hope to hear you soon!
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

Blake1983

Post by Blake1983 » December 1st, 2018, 4:19 pm

tovarish

Many thanks for the quick reply and feedback! Downloaded Checker and it passed. Here's the amplified test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_blake1983.mp3

Blake

tovarisch

Post by tovarisch » December 1st, 2018, 4:31 pm

Great, Blake! :clap:

You are now ready for LibriVox! :thumbs:

I do recommend taking a look at noise reduction. Your mic is sensitive enough to pick up some kind of ambient noise, sounds a bit like a computer fan. It is a bit stubborn and does not go away completely after a single pass of cleaning. Look into putting some kind of sound damper around your mic, maybe.

Anyway, you're good to go. An admin will stop by to mark this thread with an OK, eventually, and you need not wait. You can already visit our "Readers Wanted" forums and join a group project or a few.

Happy recording! :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please