BrianC - 1-minute test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
BrianC

Post by BrianC » November 27th, 2018, 10:44 pm

Here is my 1-minute test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_brianc.mp3

I am operating using Audacity on a Windows 10 PC with a Blue Snowball Ice USB Microphone.

My computer fan often creates a hum on my recordings, that I edit out in post-production. I am currently changing my recording environment to change this, and my re-post a test when it is done.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 4th, 2018, 4:48 am

Hi Brian, thank you for your test, which absolutely passes all criteria :thumbs: I couldn't detect any hum, but indeed Audacity has a nice noise-cleaning function for that which you seem to be able to use correctly.

So here's the official OK on your test. I see you are already well on your way to recording, so have fun !

As for further tests...I don't think you need to post another test even if your environment changes. The basic technical settings on your editing program won't change and this is all that matters. For the rest, you need to adapt to the background noise in your new environment, but you can do that with tweaking the noise-reduction settings. No need to do another test for that.

see you around !

Sonia